Thursday 15 March 2012

The Year of Awesome.....so far

Leading upto my Birthday, I coined this year my 36th as The Year of Awesome.  In a nutshell it boiled down to wanting to live life to its fullest each day.  I compiled a "Bucket List" of 18 (half of 36) things that I wanted to accomplish this year.  For the most part, each thing on the bucket list wouldn't really impact anyone other then me.

Here is the bucket list, in no particular order and where things stand almost 2 months into The Year of Awesome
  1. Get another tattoo.  I know where I want it and what it will say, just working on the design of it.  This will have to happen after I donate blood, see item #5
  2. Get out of debt.  When I added this to the list, the debt was higher then it is today.  I am confident by my birthday this will be accomplished
  3. Participate in a year long creative challenge.  Along with two very creative friends Kim and Patty, we are working on a scrapbook page a month challenge.  Of course to keep us focused, we decided the flakers would have their picture posted in the local scrapbook store showing their failure.  So far so good.
  4. Go to Vegas.  Some planning has happened.
  5. Donate blood.  Didn't realise an appointment was needed, need to call tomorrow to arrange for next Friday
  6. Get promoted.  Have continued to work by behind off each and every day.  Next step, round table which is coming up next week.  Regardless of the outcome of the round table it will be a great opportunity and learning experience
  7. Take my lunch more, buy less.  A real struggle-getting better but could be so much more
  8. Read 52 books in 52 weeks.  Thought this was going to be easy peasy mac n cheesy especially with my Kobo that I received at Christmas.  I really need to speed things up a bit.
  9. Try sushi.  Went to a Chinese buffet on my birthday with every intention of crossing this item off my list and oh my Mother of all things holy I couldn't do it.  I will try again-soon.....maybe
  10. Start and maintain a blog.  Well I started it and things went well for about 2 weeks then I fell off the blogwagon.  I am committed to maintaining this blog and turning it into something more....one day.
  11. Ride in a hot air balloon.  I am afraid of heights and need to be in control, not sure how this will work for me but I am willing to give it a shot.
  12. Be a local Summer tourist.  Planning is happening for this getting ready for the season.  I live within a short distance of so many amazing touristy things that I want to experience it all this Summer
  13. Take a random road trip.  Haven't thought much about this
  14. Get my nose re-pierced.  Will need to happen after blood is donated
  15. Have a "Come to Jesus meeting with Rick"  I was asked almost 6 years ago not to hate someone, I told them I didn't hate them I hated their behaviour and actions.  I am ready to have a conversation with this person.  Not sure where it will lead but it will give closure on today and yesterday.
  16. Go skinny dipping.  No particular reason other then it seems like a fun idea.  No planning or action taken yet
  17. THIS IS THE ONLY ITEM ON MY LIST WHICH I AM MAKING PERSONAL AND PRIVATE.  BY THE END OF THE YEAR, I AM HOPING TO HAVE THE OUTCOME BE WHAT I WANT IT TO BE :)
  18. Stress less.  This is going amazing.  I really am not sure what I was stressing about so much in the past but I feel like a whole other person.
Check back in late April early May for another update on the "bucket list" for The Year of Awesome

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous start! Just back from Vegas - bring your walking shoes, so vast :) Enjoy scratching items off your list, sounds like it'll be a ton of fun :)

    ReplyDelete